Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Must Paint... Everything Clean... Everything New... Paint....

In the depths of my paint-induced hysteria, I can't get this clip from Southpark out of my head. Meanwhile, my sister (who came to help today because she's either a saint or insanely bored, I'm not sure which) can't seem to stop pretending to be Bob Ross and mumbling "Happy Trees... Happy Walls...."

We all cope in our own ways.

  paintfrontbed 

After two days, we have one bedroom at about 97% and one at 70%, I'd say. Left to do is the hall (small), the living/dining room (not small), and the kitchen (small, but we still need to pick a color.) My right wrist is a limp noodle and I'm getting sort of a paint-brush-holding claw thing going on. This shit is way more tiring than I remember.

We're using Mythic paints, which are crazy overpriced but smell even less than acrylic craft paint, which pleases my sensitive little self very much (honestly we don't have much choice- I wouldn't be able to live in a place that was paint-fumey.) The cans lied to me, though- it said that each gallon would do 400 sq feet...it's becoming very apparent that is referring to a single coat, and you most definitely need more like 2 or 3. Which means another hundo or two needs to be plunked down on paint. Awesome. (And no, I'm not using primer, because we're painting over very pale colors, and because I'm not entirely convinced that there's actually a difference between primer and flat, white paint anyway.)

The other nice thing about Mythic is that it seems not to make you go blind immediately if you get it in your eye.

   

That'd be my sister's bespeckled contact lens. I can't tell if she was just lucky and ONLY hit the lens, or if she hit everywhere else too and it just dissolved. I told her to wear the goggles!

In other displeasing news, my laptop's power cord has decided to pretty much stop working, despite my many attempts to save it. A replacement has been ordered but for some reason the predicted shipping is like, 22 days (WHAT?)... hopefully it'll be much faster than that, but if my presence becomes spotty, you'll know why. (But probably only a little spotty. It's not like I have multiple other internet-enabled devices or anything.) I'll line up tomorrow's post but the rest of our fixin'-uppin' posts will probably go up well after the fact. Overdramatic Siiiighhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

romantica theme by Pink + Lola