Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Going to Camp!

I have been watching in envy as all of these crafty and entrepreneurial summer camps cropped up all over the country- most of them are too far away and way out of my price range, but they look so fun! So imagine my absolute glee when I learned that Craft-A-Way Camp would be happening practically in my backyard! And it's only two days long, and very rustic, which lowered the cost into something I could actually feasibly handle. I set sail tomorrow and am SO excited (well, not for the uber-rustic toilets, but everything else.)

I don't know why the summer campy vibe is so trendy right now but I really can't complain, I kind of love it. It's a little bit retro and a little bit crafty and a lot nature-y, which pretty much ticks all my "I like it" boxes.

So... here's a little fantasy pre-camp shopping:


Camp



1. Jansport Right Pack in Aqua Dash- classic backpack, modern color (well actually it's kind of a retro color, but you know what I mean. Mint is in.)

2. The Perfect Everyday Shirt from Conversation Pieces in Summer Peach Stripes. That title really says it all.

3. You gotta make friendship bracelets! Purl Bee has a great tutorial. I have always failed miserably at friendship bracelets, but I should probably give it another whirl.

4. Tom's Chambray Trim Classics. I used to really not be into the look of Tom's, but the older I get the more I like them. I don't know what that says about me. I have a really cheapy faux pair that I'm test-driving this year to see if I want to commit to the real things (I'm tempted by the wrap boots but I know they'd be less practical. Sigh.)

5. Me & Arrow Key Ring. Uh, so much cuter than my battered old carabiner.

6. You can't have a Wet Hot American Summer without retro track shorts. American Apparel has a ton of them in different styles and colors, as long as you don't mind emphasizing the "hot" part...they're definitely in hot pants territory.

7. I can't explain why but I've been hankering after a classic style Stanley thermos. I want to carry my dainty herbal teas around in something that looks like a lumberjack would use it.


There were so many other things I wanted to put on this board- I might have to do a part 2 later. But for now, I have to go pack up my less-exciting-than-this stuff (though I did use this as an excuse to buy a backpack. And a sleeping bag, because Pog was kind enough to barf on the last one and throwing it away seemed less daunting than dragging a pukey sleeping bag to the giant-size washers at the laundromat. Luckily it was a cheap one.)

I'll be back with pictures of my crafty-camping spoils, and hopefully at least 90% of my blood left intact (damn you skeetos!) Happy Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

romantica theme by Pink + Lola